Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Orleans!!

We spend an awesome week in New Orleans with my parents and it was FANTASTIC!! The pictures say it all!
We went to one of our favorite restaurants n Bourbon Street, The Desire Oyster Bar. They have great food and a great atmosphere. Ben loved the street performers on Bourbon Street. He would watch and dance and would go to my dad or Brett to get money to give them. We had to keep going back to this guy who played the saxophone because ben loved him so much.
Then we headed to Cafe Du Monde and had beignets. So yummy!
The best part of the whole trip was watching Benjamin on the street cars. Mimi would hand him his quarters and he would hop up the stairs, put his money in the machine and then find his seat. He would ride the street cars for hours if we let him! It was really cute to watch. He and my mom even rode around for an hour on it while Brett and I went to the World War II museum.
Waiting for the street car
We spent one dat at Audobon Park. There were the most amazing moss covered trees and a really fun park for Ben. The little lake had a million ducks and Ben couldn't get enough of them.




Mardi Gras!!! We watched a pre-mardi gras parade and it was awesome! Ben yelled to all the floats to get beads. It was so funny to watch. I'm pretty sure the beads around his neck weighed about 5 pounds!
Mimi and Papa got in on the action... My dad and I wanted to go back for more parades but Brett and my mom decided we had enough beads for one night.


No comments:

Post a Comment