Friday, October 7, 2011

Ben's new room

Benjamin finally got a big bed! If we hadn't moved, he would have stayed in his crib. He loved his crib and has actually asked for his little bed back. With his new bed I thought he needed a big kid room. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't do color. I stick with neutrals...its how I decorate, its what I wear, it is with everything I do. It is who I am. But my good friend and designer Danielle (www.danielleoakeyinteriors.blogspot.com) talked me into adding a little splash of yellow.
Danielle helped me find fabric and everything. I recovered the lamp and also the front of the storage boxes. It was really easy and a lot of fun to see it take shape. I love how the room turned out.

Thanks Danielle



4 comments:

  1. I steer clear of bold colors. You made it work! It looks clean and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! everything turned out so well. miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute room! Love the rug! Just the right amount of color! I'm totally with you on the neutrals, Crew's big boy room is grey.

    ReplyDelete