Friday, September 20, 2013

Snake Slayer

Ben and I were in the back yard setting up his new soccer goal and my neighbor came around the back to see us and promptly yelled "SNAKE!!!"  Ben took off running and locked himself inside the house.  He is terrified of snakes.  Maybe it is from the last time we saw one crawling on the outside of our house.  
I called everyone I knew to see if someone would come take care of this snake.  Not a single person answered, so I had to deal with it.  My neighbor watched the snake while I ran for weapons.  Together we attacked that nasty thing and I jumped so hard on that shovel to make sure the snake was at least super hurt.  It moved for quite a long time, which is just sick looking.  After an hour we went to check on it and then, when I knew it was dead, I brought it to the driveway so Brett could see what I had done.  I'm not going to lie, it was a proud moment.  But seriously if I see another one I'm heading back to California.



No comments:

Post a Comment